ABOUT JAIN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
JIT is one of the best developing engineering colleges of Davanagere and is located adjacent to Pune Bangalore National Highway, which is 7 Kms from Davanagere Railway Station. It has lush green campus spread across 16 Acres land, attached with lake.
The college has excellent infrastructural facilities that include spacious class rooms attached with tutorial rooms. Well-equipped laboratories, Workshops, Drawing halls, seminar halls, digital library, Staff rooms, computer canter, browsing centre with 16 Mbps internet connectivity, Girls common room, boys common room, EDUSAT room, canteen, Transportation and reprographic facility to the students ETC.
Well experienced & Dedicated faculty, a strong students mentorship program.
The college has strong students counselling system in which each student will be attended individually with special care in academics and other co-curricular activities by faculty of JIT.
• Students’ entrepreneurship programme & project preparation, research & development for engineering students.
• Anti-Ragging committee, Squads and girls secure committee, Grievance Redressal committee were formed for taking care of students and to avoided ragging Etc.
• Career counselling, Medical facilities and students insurance available.
• Cultural, Sports, Technical, Study tours and industrial Visits, Literary, alumni Activities are conducted.
• JIT news letters are published bi-annually. Magazines & annual reports has been published annually by editorial board of JIT.
• Excellent and progressive result of every semester in VTU examination.
• Technical manpower development to build professionally excellent, globally competitive, socially responsible engineers and entrepreneurs with human values.
• To provide quality education through innovation in teaching to create technologically competent engineers.
• To achieve excellence in research and development to advance science and technology to the ever changing needs of society.
• To create outstanding professionals capable of working in multi-cultural environment.
• To produce quality engineers with high ethical standards and professionalism
Department of Training and Placement
The primary objective of Jain Institute of Technology Career Development and Placement cell is to develop and establish strong relationship with core industries and fortune corporates to facilitate aspiration of students for full time employment, internship, industrial projects, industrial visits, admission for higher education in India and Abroad.
Career Development and Placement cell responsible for self-assessment of students, training on life skills, career planning skill development and enhance employability of students.
About the Department
The Department of Training and Placement was established as a separate entity at Jain Institute of Technology. The Department presently coordinates with leading organizations which recruits Engineers/Techno crafts/ General Degree/ MBAs for entry level positions in their respective organizations.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND PLACEMENT CELL
The Career Development and Placement Cell plays a crucial role in locating job opportunities for Under Graduates and Post Graduates passing out from the college by keeping in touch with reputed firms and industrial establishments. The Placement Cell operates round the year to facilitate contacts between companies and graduates. The number of students placed through the campus interviews is continuously rising. On invitation, many reputed industries visit the institute to conduct interviews.
We have been successful in maintaining our high placement statistics over the years and the fact that our students bear the recession blues with record breaking placements itself is a testimony to our quality. Our ingenious alumnae have set new standards in the corporate world through their estimable contributions and it is my firm conviction that we will continue that legacy in the years to come.
The Career Development and Placement Cell organizes career guidance programmes for all the students starting from first year. The cell arranges training programmes like Mock Interviews, Group Discussions, Communication Skills Workshop etc and it also organizes Public Sector Exam Training for students who are interested to join Government Sectors. It also invites HR Managers from different industries to conduct training programmes for final year students.